Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A few crafty things...


We have a small country home with lots of character.  I like the rustic, country feel so most of my craft projects relate to that theme.  Below are a few of my favorite projects.


This is so true! I found this saying in a country decorating magazine.  I have a Cricut scrapbooking machine that I used to cut the vinyl lettering.  I love my Cricut!  I painted the board and used sandpaper to "rough" it up a little bit.  It hangs in my living room.  From time to time, I look at it when I need a good laugh! : )


I painted this several years ago, but it is just about my favorite project!  This window was out of an old rent house Alan and I lived in when we were first married.  I used acrylic paint and painted the back of the window.  This is also in our living room above our couch.


I also used my Cricut machine to cut these vinyl lettering and designs.  This is above our bed and headboard. A sweet reminder!
The headboard is actually another project.  My fabulous husband built it to resemble a barn door.  It has the Z pattern with a board in a diagonal position in the front.  I did the painting!  I used Valspar-Macadamia Nut paint and primer in one as  a base coat.  Next, I layered a coat of crackle solution that I bought at Lowe's.  The top coat is a solid black.  I love the old crackled texture.  I'll try to post a better pic in the future. 
I recently painted our kitchen cabinets.  I have before and after pics of that project coming later!

No comments:

Post a Comment